This recipe was one of my favorites that my Italian mother-in-law used to make for the family. The gravy makes this casserole dish very flavorful.
2 lb. Ground Hamburger Meat
2 tsp. Garlic
2 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Pepper
4 packets Brown or Onion Gravy Mix
1 38 oz. can Cut Green beans – drained
Instant Mashed Potatoes – 11 servings made according to box directions
8 oz. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Brown hamburger meat. Drain fat from hamburger meat once browned. While it’s cooking, make the mashed potatoes according to the box directions.
- Boil 3 cups of water. Whisk all the gravy packets into the water.
- Pour gravy into cooked meat.
- Layer a 13×9 casserole dish with meat mixture, then green beans, next mashed potatoes, and last the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees till cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Makes 6 Servings.